• April 27 - Senior Prom!
  • April 23 - Schools Closed/QCHS Spring Band Concert
  • April 20 - District Art Show
  • April 17-20 - PMEA All-State Conference
  • April 16 - QCHS Spring Choir Concert
  • April 11 - QCHS Job Fair
  • April 4 - MP4 Begins
  • April 1 - April Fools and Schools Closed!
The Student News Site of Quakertown High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

KBS’ Immortal Songs Festival

KBS Immortal Songs Festival

Korea’s most booming artists of the decade are expected to perform at the first-ever KBS Immortal Songs: Live Concert in the United States. 

This four-hour concert commemorates the 120th anniversary of Korean immigration to the United States. Although the Western part of the world may not truly understand the global sensation of K-pop, this concert showcases the unique artistry within the industry and gives light to the foreign ties the country made along the way. 

Korean Broadcasting System:

The Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) televises a South Korean music competition series, known as “Immortal Songs”, to display a variety of talented singers, musicians, and performances who sing genres from classical music to the most iconic songs in Korean history.  

Immortal Songs will have a unique episode hosted at Prudential Center on October 26, 2023, and will feature nonstop performances from multiple generations of K-Pop. 

Concert Line-up:

Each artist participating in the concert will perform their original songs throughout the night while embodying their material and collaborating with surprise artists. YOUNGTAK, Lena Park, Kim Taewoo, Patti Kim, and Jannibi will take the stage at the festival. 

KQ Entertainment’s most successful K-pop group, ATEEZ will headline the concert alongside electrifying solo artist, PSY. HYBE Entertainment’s unprecedented girl group NewJeans, unfortunately, canceled their attendance at Prudential Center due to unknown circumstances. However, ATEEZ’s newest EP, The World EP.2: Outlaw conveys a promising success to the Immortal stage and their future world tour titled The Fellowship: Break the Wall. 

120th Anniversary of Korean Immigration and the Impact Years Later:

Korea’s first arrival to Hawaii in 1903, lays the very foundations for Korea’s historical relationship with the United States. On the northwestern coast of South Korea, the port city of Incheon, Korean citizens began their journey to Honolulu. International TV anchor Annalisa Burgos concluded, “102 Koreans arrived in Honolulu – nearly 50 women and children, multiple generations who sought opportunity and escape from poverty and instability in Korea.”  

Then the rest was history…

The United States became a growing trade and investment partner to South Korea. According to the Office of the United States Trade Representative, the U.S. and South Korea Trade Agreement expressed how  “U.S. small and medium-sized enterprises exported $8.4 billion in merchandise to South Korea, representing 32 percent of total U.S. merchandise exports to South Korea.”

As of 2021, Korean content exports hit $12.45 billion with the help of the Korean wave. The K-pop industry impacts the South Korean economy from three accounted areas: music sales and streaming platforms, derivative industries, and advertising and marketing. Naturally, the industry flourished increasingly due to its exposure to Western culture. 

Immortal Songs truly emphasizes South Korea’s gratitude for expanding their talent beyond their country.