• April 27 - Senior Prom!
  • April 23 - Schools Closed/QCHS Spring Band Concert
  • April 20 - District Art Show
  • April 17-20 - PMEA All-State Conference
  • April 16 - QCHS Spring Choir Concert
  • April 11 - QCHS Job Fair
  • April 4 - MP4 Begins
  • April 1 - April Fools and Schools Closed!
The Student News Site of Quakertown High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

NFL Trade Deadline

NFL Trade Deadline

In week 8, on October 31st, the trade deadline closed at 4 pm. Many trades were made, some teams benefited from it, whilst others did not. This is a very exciting week for the NFL, as this is the last time teams can trade with each other in the middle of a season. Some teams are going for a playoff push, while others are going for more of a rebuild. 

Let’s start with the Washington Commanders. They traded away pro-bowler defensive end Chase Young. The 49ers acquired him, as their defense is not as dominant as it was last year. In exchange for Chase Young, the Commanders got a 3rd-round pick in the 2024 pick. Overall, the 49ers won on this trade, as Chase Young is worth more than a 3rd-round pick. The Commanders also traded away another defensive end, Montez Sweat. The Chicago Bears picked him up for a 2nd-round pick. With the Bears having a terrible defense, and gaps in it, this pick-up will help them out. 

On the other hand, Joshua Dobbs joined the Vikings from the Cardinals. This quarterback was sent over for a 6th-round pick. The Vikings got him as the 2nd-string quarterback, after their main quarterback, Kirk Cousins got hurt. This trade was one of, if not the best, as once the starter after Kirk got hurt, Dobbs got to put it. Getting the Vikings to 2 wins so far, he has been playing amazingly, and overall, the Vikings won this trade.

The Bills acquired centerback Rasul Douglas from the Packers. The Bills also got a 5th-round pick but gave up a 3rd-round pick. As the Bills are trying to go on another playoff push, this CB should hopefully help the Bills reach their 4th AFC East title in a row. Overall, this was a pretty fair trade.

Donovan Peoples-Jones was sent to the Lions from the Browns. In return, the Browns get a 2025 6th-round pick. This wide receiver is a pretty average wide receiver, nothing special. Overall, this trade is pretty equal.

Next up, the Vikings send over G Ezra Cleveland to the Jaguars. This new addition to the offensive line will help out up-and-coming quarterback Trevor Lawrence and allow him to have more time in the pocket. This was a very good trade for the Jaguars. The Vikings got a 6th-round pick in return for this trade. Overall, the Jaguars won this trade.

Eagles sent over Kentavius Street to the Falcons. The Falcons also received a 7th-round pick in the 2025 draft, along with the defensive lineman. With the Falcons having one of the worst D-lines in the league, he should be able to help them out. In return, the Eagles are getting the 6th-round pick in the 2024 draft. Overall, this trade was about equal. 

Continuing with the trading of defensive lineman, Leonard Williams was sent over to the Seahawks from the Giants. With the Seahawk’s D-line being average, Williams should be able to help them out. In return, the Giants got a 2024 2nd round pick, and a 2025 5th round pick in the draft. With the Giants being terrible this year, this is great news for their upcoming rebuild.

In the last trade of the deadline, the Titans acquired the safety Terrell Edmunds from the Eagles, along with a 4th and 6th round pick in the 2024 draft. The Eagles in return got pro-bowler safety Kevin Byard. With the Eagles already dominating this year, this pickup should help them out their defense even more. 

Overall, this trade deadline was pretty quiet compared to other years. Some of these trades have worked out very well for some teams, and others not so much. Like Josh Dobbs was an amazing pickup by the Vikings, and the same with the 49er’s defense.