• April 27 - Senior Prom!
  • April 23 - Schools Closed/QCHS Spring Band Concert
  • April 20 - District Art Show
  • April 17-20 - PMEA All-State Conference
  • April 16 - QCHS Spring Choir Concert
  • April 11 - QCHS Job Fair
  • April 4 - MP4 Begins
  • April 1 - April Fools and Schools Closed!
The Student News Site of Quakertown High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

QCHS Multi-Purpose Field Grand Opening!

QCHS Multi-Purpose Field Grand Opening!

Friday, March 22, the Quakertown Community High School (QCHS) welcomes a new multi-purpose field, located next to the Sixth Grade Center: 349 S 9th St. With a grand opening accompanied by a rope-cutting ceremony, a first pitch, games, face painting, food, and other activities. 

The multi-purpose field, exhibiting space for baseball, soccer, and field hockey, became an idea in February of 2022 with blueprints and possible financing. The baseball field that was originally in place, faced conditions that made it unsuitable for practice and games. The original field was in a low area that experienced heavy flooding. The flooding on the field- which was the main home field, caused the baseball team to struggle with having outdoor practices, even more so with the Memorial Park field also consistently flooding. 

Last spring, during baseball playoff season, the field finally made its way to the school board, which was looking for ways to fill the space, where it received a unanimous vote on May 25, 2023,  to begin construction with funds from the school board and a 1.5 million dollar donation from St. Lukes Hospital. The field houses space for baseball while having lines for field hockey and soccer to utilize the space as well. 

QCHS baseball coach, Jonathan Pallone, feels that “The field is a nice opportunity for students from many sports to play on a high-quality field, for not only baseball, but field-hockey and soccer as well.” 

At the grand opening, energy remained high as excitement grew throughout everyone involved. 

Jonathan Pallone expresses that “This field symbolizes the community’s support for our program and our guys that work extremely hard on and off the field.” “We are deeply appreciative to the community and St. Lukes for their support.” 

The future of Quakertown sports will continue to flourish with the help of the new opportunity-filled field.